Monday, July 6, 2009

My Two Babies

No, I'm not writing about David and Kevin....though they'd be much more pleasant to write about!

Baby #1 I've been working pretty much non-stop to finish the revision of my handbook for my seminar on differentiating instruction. I just felt that the order of presentation was awkward in some spots and, of course, I have picked up various enhancements over the year that I wanted to add to the presentation. The revision is not due until September 1, but I am presenting "Differentiating" twice at "on-site" seminars in August and I'm hoping that BER will be able to print the new handbook before then. If not, those seminar attendees will just have to roll with seemingly random page numbers for topics.

Anyway, after about 800 proof-readings and minor corrections, baby #1 was burned to a CD (ouch!) and is on its way to Seattle! Yeah!

Baby #2 Not surprisingly our editor on "Projects...and Beyond" was not happy with all our concerns about the errors and less-than-stellar examples in the on-line projects. She did admit that somehow the Spanish projects had not been proofed! She was a bit testy about the high quality of their proof-readers making me feel like I don't know Spanish and am ridiculously picky. I certainly appreciate where she's coming from and how she's probably facing some consequences at her end...but the bottom line is I'm really, really anxious about my professional reputation and I'm really, really not good at dealing with conflict!

And I guess I'm really, really going to have to wait a while for Baby #2 to be healthy and able to face the on-line world!

No comments:

Post a Comment