Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

Much like the groundhog on February second, I arose from my hibernation in the basement late yesterday afternoon and found a whole bunch of things have been going on in my "absence."

First of all, the reason for my hibernation was an August first deadline to turn in my revised handbook for the "Conversation" seminar. Seems I was told it was due September first but they thought they had told me June first....so we compromised on August first. As a result, other than water aerobics and mother visits, I've pretty much been attached to my computer for the past few weeks. But it's done! It's in the mail! The end of that project and the beginning of the next work project....but the next project can wait just a bit.

Today is my grand-nephew's first birthday. A year ago he was born with an infection that landed him in the NICU for the first week of his life. He recovered fine, is totally normal and wonderfully healthy. Thanks be to God! End of the first year, beginning of the next 99 or so...and today they celebrate!

Six weeks after a horrific car accident, my cousin's wife was moved from the trauma hospital to a convalescent center to rest for a few weeks prior to the final skin graft surgery. Incredibly, the fire fighters who saved her life at the accident scene last June volunteered to transport her from the hospital in Seattle to the convalescent center in Redmond for FREE on their DAD OFF! The end of her critical/crisis stage of recovery, the beginning of re-hab....and I'm sure the beginning of a long bond between my cousin's family and the Redmond fire department!

We have chosen someone to be our new pastor! Our call committee is excited! The various necessary "hoops" are easily being jumped through and we expect to present him to the church council next week. If all continues to go well, he will be approved by the council and the congregation will vote to extend the call. End of a long time of uncertainty for the congregation, beginning of all sorts of good things!

As much as I'd like it to be, life isn't a neatly organized "to do" list where I can scratch off completed tasks but it is nice that during my "hibernation" a few biggies did resolve themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment