Thursday, May 21, 2009

If It's Tuesday.....

So this morning started early with a 6:45 birthday breakfast for a couple of Northbrook J.H. colleagues. I then spent an hour doing my "homework" for the hymn selection team at church, changed clothes, and headed to church for the funeral of one of my mother's contemporaries at church. Organist friend Jill played for the funeral, so she and I grabbed a sandwich and caught up on life before I headed off to the junior high. The purpose in the junior high visit was to re-claim some visuals that I had left when I retired (The teacher who replaced me is now moving elsewhere and won't be taking those things.) and to visit with French teacher friend Jill.

So, how am I "relaxing" this afternoon? Well, I got home in time to talk with a representative from the North Shore Senior Center about scheduling a Spanish art series next fall. In a few minutes I'm leaving to drive two hours in rush hour traffic to attend the 6:00 p.m. service of a pastor candidate we are considering. Then I get to drive two hours home.

Retired life is so calm and peaceful!

1 comment: