Friday, March 6, 2009

Splendid in Seattle

BER - day 4

Read yesterday's blog and you have today! My supervisor, Boyce, was observing and HE got tired of hearing the questions by today's person who "didn't get it". Today's cranky person was unhappy that one example on the power point was different from the example in the handbook. Today's two hearing impaired ASL teachers were absolutely delightful. And, yes, one person complained that the room was too cold.

Actually it was a splendid day. It started with "Fernando". Those of you who read my nephew Tom's blog know that he names many of the breakfasts he cooks at his restaurant job. Today I ate breakfast at that restaurant. Yes, I ate "Fernando"! (As an unbelievable coincidence, the seminar hotel is where Tom works!) And, yes, I got to hug the cook!

Following the seminar Boyce took me out to eat. We got a glass of wine, he spent an hour telling me how wonderful my seminar was, then we ate a delicious Greek dinner. Back in my room, I'm now hanging out awaiting Ken's arrival and a few days of vacation. Pretty splendid day!

1 comment:

  1. I want to hug the cook, too. I haven't seen him for almost two years. Sad.

    ReplyDelete