Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coming Home

I admit that for me traveling is fun, but there are a few downsides....like coming home.

Like coming home to search the bowels of Rosewood Care Center for my mother's missing clothes which never were returned after being sent to the laundry last week. The head of housekeeping is ill, so the maintenance guy, the social worker and I descended to the land of laundry and went through the unidentified clothes----none of which were hers. This afternoon they were going to go through all the closets in Mom's wing to see if her clothes were delivered in error to someone else. Failing that, the social worker gets the lovely job of calling the family of Mrs. Monahan who just passed away to see if Mrs. Mohrman's clothes are in Mrs. Monahan's things. Just what a grieving family wants to deal with!

Like watching the mail carrier walk right past our house when regular delivery was supposed to resume today. Then going to the post office and being told that the carrier has our mail. Then going back home and still not having any mail. I need all those flyers, catalogs and bills.......TODAY!

Like finding out I may have scabies! On Saturday morning I woke up with a few huge itchy welts on my neck and arm. Sunday morning there were more on my arm and on my abdomen. Monday morning they were on my butt and back. Tuesday morning they were on my legs. Tuesday morning I made a doctor appointment for today. Dr. Wong thinks they are insect bites but is treating me for scabies "just in case". I do hope Dr. Wong is wrong! Scabies is usually contracted in third world countries and I don't think Seattle fits that billing. I do imagine, however, there is one very upset spider or other disgusting insect who last night found himself rolled up in laundry instead of feasting on Alice.

But there are also very good things like finding Kevin at home when we pulled in last night. Like then finding out that Kevin had changed every single clock in the house to daylight savings time! Like sleeping in my own bed......without any insect!

No comments:

Post a Comment