Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tangled Webs

Whenever I travel I carefully place my cell recharger in a special spot. When I go to charge the phone, it is a total tangled mess.

I just took down the outside Christmas lights. (I know it's only February 17, but we HAVE had a lot of snow!) Now, Ken is considerably taller than I, but I know he didn't stand on a ladder and deliberately tie the lights in knots at the top of our little Crabapple tree.

Then there's the multitude of cords I carry in my computer bag when I do a presentation. I spend ten minutes every morning untangling them, just to repeat the process the next day.

I don't know what gremlin is in charge of tangling up all those wires and cords, but it makes me think of all the tangles in our lives. Life is not simple or direct. Sometimes we get all tangled up with interrelationships and knotty situations. Those tangles, however, are often the most interesting experiences we have.

How boring it would be if our real trees were as simple as the four branched ones we drew in first grade! I would, however, have fewer scratches on my hands right now if the Gremlin hadn't tangled quite so many lights around quite so many branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment