Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do the French Watch Reality TV?

I'm sitting here watching TV with the computer on my lap watching.....true confession here....."I Didn't Know I was Pregnant". This beats watching "John and Kate Plus Eight" which has turned into a troubling soap opera. It also beats watching our former governor's wife on "I'm a Celebrity. Get Me Out of Here!" But it is truly an embarrassment nonetheless.

I wonder if I'll see such silliness on French TV?

I've been reading so much about museums, churches, monuments, and French history that I have this probably untrue feeling that French people are always contemplating art and discussing serious cultural topics.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

I do know that tourists in Chicago see the Art Institute, they walk up Michigan Avenue, they stick their feet into the fountains in Millennium Park, and go to the top of Sears Tower. They probably don't know that people like me are watching reality TV or eating ice cream out of the carton (I'm NOT doing that right now).

Is it the same with the French?

I'll start finding out tomorrow!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment