Saturday, July 31, 2010

Perfectionism

So I just finished the rewrite of the handbook for one of my presentations. Whew!

It has taken most of July - when I'm not in the pool or at some important social engagement such as the race track - to accomplish this. I've taken things out, added things in, agonized over word choices, and messed for long periods with a particularly difficult public domain clip art site. I'm happy with it....until some awful typo I've missed will jump out at me after it's published.

I spent May-June doing the same thing with the other handbook.

Making significant changes to the handbook means I will now have to re-do the Power Points and my "script". Ugh!

Why do I do this to myself? No one will accuse me of being a perfectionist in the other parts of my life.

Memo to anyone who reads this blog: Please, please, please save me from myself next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment